- Voice dictation support added for iPhone 4S and the “New” iPad. Dictation support for text entry, channel search, Netflix Instant Queue search, etc.
- New accessory added above keyboard to view text entered which eliminates the need to look up at your TV screen while typing. Requires iOS 3.2 or above.
- Added support for player hostnames in addition to IP addresses. This setting is useful for users who control their players via the internet or a VPN. (See new “Internet and VPN Control Support” section added to the “About” section of the Info tab.)
- Added Search Bar to channel list.
- The delete command is now always sent to Roku when they delete key is pressed on the virtual keyboard. This feature is useful if the characters in a text entry field on the Roku get out of sync with the characters DVPRemote has saved that field.
- Repeated tapping of the search icon on the “Netflix IQ” or “Channels” screen toggles the search bar at the beginning of the respective list.
- For iPads running iOS 5.1 or above in Portrait Mode, the channel list slides in rather than showing up as a popover which provides a larger display area. Tap outside the channel list to dismiss it.
- Fixed problem which caused old player information to remain in player list.
- Removed workaround for Roku-bug on Netflix channel which caused navigation to not work since Roku fixed the problem a firmware update.
- Potential fix for crash after channel list refresh. (Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you had the problem prior to this release to let me know if this fixes it or not. I have not been able to duplicate the problem in my test configurations so I need your help in determining the cause and validating the fix.)
- Implemented a workaround for crashes that occur when trying to change channels on an iPad running iOS 5.1 in portrait mode. The API which allowed the “Change to Channel” action sheet to display directly above or below the channel selected no longer works on an iPad in in portrait mode in iOS 5.1 (although this still works in landscape mode). The workaround is to display action sheet in the center of the screen rather than above or below the channel selected. If you don’t like this solution, you can disable to action sheet by setting “Channel Prompts” to OFF in the app preferences.
- Fixed crash when pasteing empty strings or non-string objects.
- Fixed several memory leaks.